Monday, November 3, 2008

Marine Corps Marathon Weekend





Paul and I traveled to Washington, DC so that I could run the Marine Corps Marathon. The race actually went much better than I was expecting since I had had a lot of running injuries in the months before the race. Paul was an excellent support person during the marathon. He met up with me several times during the race to cheer me on, and he was even able to run along with me for miles 16-18 and miles 24 through the end. 

We also got a chance to go see Robyn and John and to meet their new baby, Carson. It was great to see them!

3 comments:

Colin said...

I love your blog and all the pictures!

jen-neh said...

I'm so proud of you. When you set a goal, you use no excuses to get there. I love you!

bkurtz said...

Great job on finishing the race so strong - you don't even look like you're struggling! Sorry we weren't able to meet up but hopefully we will see all of you sooner rather than later!